The Stowe Foundation Team
JOSEPH WOODS II
Dr. Karen Livesey
University of Iowa
Dr. Johna Leddy
Fuel Cell Group
- Self-motivated graduate student in the Physics Ph.D. program with research exposure. Passionate about a career in physics. Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Rudimentary experience in theoretical physics calculations and computer simulation using Mathematica and Fortran.
- Varied background including management, process engineering, and small business strategies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Unix/Linux/Windows/OS X; HTML, MS Office Suite, etc.
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO AT COLORADO SPRINGS
PhD Program Applied Sciences - Physics, Colorado Springs, CO
Graduate Studies --- GPA: 3.55
THE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA
BS in Chemical Engineering, Iowa City, IA
- Process Safety
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (S.E.M.)
Dr. Johna Leddy Fuel Cell Group
Researcher and Technician
- Performed re-design, optimization and implementation of control system on fuel cell test station
- Designed LabView programs for test apparatus
- Manufactured Membrane Electrode Assemblies for lab use
- Using S.E.M. studied the advantages of differing membrane materials
SCOTT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Pre Engineering Coursework, Bettendorf, IA
- Deans list Fall of 1990 and Spring 1991
- Teaching abilities and experience
- Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts of America
- Won Graduate Assistant Fellowship at UCCS
- Headed research for small Oil and Gas industry startup